MERIDIAN MESSAGE BOARD
- BEE AND HONEY SHOW AND SOUTH OF ENGLAND SHOW, 8-10 JUNE
- The Bees & Honey Show event is an extremely popular visitor attraction staged within a marquee at the annual South of England Show organised by the South of England Agricultural Society. SEAS is a registered charity whose aims are to showcase farming, agriculture and the countryside ... perfectly aligned with the charitable aims of the BBKA and its Associations and Divisions.
- The Bees & Honey Show provides a perfect venue for introducing and informing a public eager to understand more about honey bees and beekeeping; by meeting, talking with and watching live demonstrations of beekeeping practices provided by beekeepers from throughout the region. Could you help by passing on your passion for beekeeping to an enquiring public?
- The Bees & Honey Show provides a perfect venue for Associations and Divisions from throughout the South of England to promote themselves to potential new beekeepers and members amongst the shows many visitors, and to advertise their own beekeeping 'Taster Day' or 'Introductory Courses.
- The Bees & Honey Show stands within the marquee includes our Honey Sales stall, from where jars of honey, cut comb, and other products of the hive provided by Associations, Divisions or individual beekeepers are offered for sale on there behalf, with a modest sales commission donated to SEAS. Could you provide stock to be offered for sale?
- The Bees & Honey Show provides an excellent opportunity for beekeepers throughout the South of England to practice, develop and maybe hone their skills at preparing Competition Entries for the Honey Show Classes. Would you like to take part in the competitive Classes? http://www.seas.org.uk/info/competing/competing-south-england-show/bees-honey/
- The Bees & Honey Show organisers welcome offers of help or participation as stewards, with free entry to the entire South of England Show and time off the Bees & Honey stewarding duties to walk around the show-ground. See the Poster and the Show Schedule for appropriate contact details, or respond directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Even if not able to participate directly, we invite you to drop in to the Bees & Honey Marquee during the three days of the show, to say hello, see what we are doing and to perhaps visit the Paynes stand for some early summer equipment purchases.
- ANNUAL REPORT FROM THE NATIONAL BEE UNIT, SOUTHERN REGION
- MORE INFO ON THE ASIAN HORNET: http://honeybeesuite.com/beekeeping-with-asian-hornets
- ASIAN HORNET FOUND IN GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Bee Craft has carried articles about the Asian hornet since 2011 so click here for the first of 3 pages from our September 2011 issue, and we also had a description of the Apishield hornet trap in April 2014 .
If you would like to add a message of your own, please contact the Secretary. Please make sure you include all relevant contact details so that members can respond appropriately. Messages will be posted for approximately one month and then removed.